YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 19 April 2013

In a moment of unbearable boredom (ah, my exciting Friday night) - MY WEDDING DRESS IDEAS

Nobody panic.
I'm only 18 - WELL, OFFICIALLY 18 TOMORROW ON APRIL 20TH, 2013. 
(WOO!!!)
Therefore, I am not getting married for a very long time.

With that said, I AM EXTREMELY bored at the moment as I spend my TOO EXCITING Friday night before my birthday at home, watching wedding shows on TLC.
(Anybody else obsessed with wedding shows, ie: Say Yes to the Dress, I Found the Gown, Four Weddings, etc.?)

Now anyone who knows me really, really well knows my obsession with weddings.
I told The Boyf, who so kindly did NOT freak out, that I am indeed obsessed with weddings and if I were not pursuing a career in nursing, I would probably pursue a career as a wedding planner or wedding dress stylist.

With that being said, after watching about 1 000 000 & 1 wedding shows for awhile now, I've developed a PRETTY good idea about what my future wedding dress will look like.

THE DRESS
I'm not that big on DESIGNERS, I only really know a few; namely, the most well known ones (ie: Wang, Pnina, Lazaro, Paloma, Sottero, A. Angelo).  To me, as long as it fits well and looks really good and I absolutely love it, it'll do just fine.
I do see myself as being the traditional bride.  This means something white/oyster/pearl/ivory, something a-line with a slight poof OR a ballgown.  Strapless. Sweetheart.  Roushing (sp? I never got how to spell that word properly).  Touch of bling.  Classic but with a little.. PIZAZ.  Ya feels me?
Now - the budget.  I really don't believe that you should be spending more than maybe $3500 - $5000 on your wedding dress.  If budget permits by that time, I would probably cap my budget at $5000 max (and if possible, that includes alterations and the veil).

 
What caught my eye with this one is the sparkles on the bottom and the roushing (sp? LOL IDK W/E).  I am a big fan of sparkles but not TOO much of it and I know that the whole bottom is decked out in sparkles but in my opinion, it's so small and gives the right amount of shine; tastefully done.  I also love that the roushing is done right on the waist area, really gives the illusion of an even tinier waist.

I absolutely LOVE the top of this dress! The bead work is impeccably done and I love the detail along the waist! Also the chiffon-type bottom makes it extra cute - chiffon means it's lightweight, comfortable and easy to walk down the aisle/dance with! 
I really do love roushing, my future wedding dress most DEFINITELY has to have roushing in it.  It makes you look so much thinner and it just make the dress hug your body in all the right places.  #WerkIt.
Ughhhh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!! The detail along the waist, the detail along the neckline, the corset bodice, the layered bottom - LOVVVE! Well obviously, who doesn't love Pnina?  Here's to my dreams of hopefully one day being able to afford one.  Cheers!

Despite any expectations I may have of my future wedding dress, I do know that my expectations will change throughout the years and who knows?  By the time it does come around to my wedding, I may want a fit & flare, mermaid!  
Like I said, as long as it fits well, looks good and I absolutely love it - I'll be a happy cookie bride! 

To any brides or bride-to-be's out there: GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING! Have a fabulous dress, a fabulous wedding and a fabulous marriage! 

Cheers.

Sty xo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment