YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 23 September 2013

Chronicles of a University + Nursing Student - Post #1

So this week marks my 4th week as an official university/nursing student and I have to say, 
it's, on so many levels, wayyy different than high school.

At the current moment, the biggest emotion I'm currently feeling is:
OVERWHELMED.

Don't get me wrong, I love my program and the content I'm learning (that's not the issue - I genuinely know I made a good decision going into nursing), it's just the QUANTITY of the content!!! The amount of readings we get each day almost makes me want to projectile vomit and just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

Despite the homework overload, I don't think I'm as far behind as some of my peers (I know people that are still on week 1 - YIKES). I think that for the most part, I'm up to date with my most important courses and just for future reference, I'm going to list the courses I need to catch up on:

- Anatomy & Physiology (Oh, Lord..)
- Psychology (Puke)
- Nutrition (..is a joke)

..See?! Not too shabby! Only 3/7 courses and I'm not even THAT behind.. (she says with doubt..) 

If I'm being completely honest though, I'm actually very scared. What if I don't get the marks I need to get? What if Anatomy and Physiology (double puke) pull me back? What if I never get caught up on readings?

Now for any of you reading this (*cricket, cricket*), you might be wondering, "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME WRITING THIS BLOG POST WHEN YOU SHOULD BE DOING YOUR READINGS?!" 

Well, let me tell you something.

A big reason why I'm so far behind is because every time I open up my books and my Macbook to do my readings and make some notes, I have this huge, overwhelming feeling looming over me that's hindering me from actually completing the task. I feel like I need to let it all out before I actually crack down, you know?

Anyways, my main goals for this 4th week (already?!) is to get caught up on those 3 courses I mentioned above and to finish my Psych study notes.. and my Nutrition assignments.. and my Psych paper (eventually).. OH, SWEET JESUS MURPHY.

Pray for me, y'all.

Toodles.

Sty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment